Dr. Novello earned a degree in psychology in under three years at Columbia University in New York where she graduated with honors and distinction. She completed her M.A. and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology in Los Angeles, an American Psychological Association approved doctoral program.
As part of her clinical training, she completed a clerkship, a practicum, two half-time internships, a full-time APA approved internship with the Federal Bureau, a Board of Psychology approved Psychological Assistantship (PSB#30314) and a postdoctoral year as a Registered Psychologist (RPS#2005163). She is now licensed by the State of California as a Clinical Psychologist (PSY#20595).
Dr. Novello has broad clinical and assessment experience with both children and adults. She has trained in a variety of settings including private practice, medical, forensic, community clinic, and student counseling center. She has provided services at the following institutions and programs:
- Violence Intervention Program
- California Institute of Technology
- Herman & Associates
- Federal Bureau of Prisons Metropolitan Detention Center
- LAC/USC Psychiatric Assessment Clinic
- Twin Towers Correctional Facility
- AIDS Service Center
- Cal State L.A. Office for Students With Disabilities
- California Psychological Association
- HELP Group
- Bienestar Human Services, Inc
- St Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital
- Best Buddies
- Big Brother/Big Sister
Dr. Novello maintains all professional standards set forth in the ethical principles of her professional association as well as the laws of the state of California governing the practice of psychotherapy.